24 February 2012

Union Pacific Railroad freight action



Union Pacific Railroad GP40-2


I am almost as big a railfan as I am a fan of jets and rockets, so I decided to do a little train stalking and see if I could get some nice shots of Union Pacific's "Lompoc Local" that makes a run from it's home base in Guadalupe, CA to the Celite diatomaceous earth quarry in Lompoc twice a week. Weather was absolutely perfect, and it made for a fun morning chasing this train from the Celite mine out to the main line along the coast that takes it back to Guadalupe.

Click on the thumbnail and enjoy the photos.

James :-)

2 comments:

  1. I loooooved looking at all your pictures! Youre sooo talented! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do know how to motivate somebody, don't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete